Friday, October 23, 2009

What a week

Its been a great couple of weeks.


2 weeks ago saturday:
On call for the fire department. A pretty busy on call weekend. Going to the station again for a call. As I was passing a car that had pulled over for me, my truck died. I mean, no power, no power steering, no gas, nothing. I made it into the driveway, with pure luck, and coasted down the hill to a stop. After the medical was over, I asked my friend to come and look at it. After hours of trying and a new starter, the motor was toast!!!!!
So, off the the in-laws to get the POS car. A like 1980 Buick Park Avenue. Super sexy. Glad I am married because no man would ever look at that car. It has over 170000 miles, two toned paint(and no, its not rust and blue. Its blue and faded blue) The windshield is cracked, the brakes are going out, the power steering is going out and sometimes the radio works. But, it beats walking.

This week:
My husbands car breaks. Yep, thats right. What luck right. So I spend my one day off from the kid this week fixing his car. Yep, I spent my day at the garage. A broken axle. A $125 fix.

Today:
I wake up early. 8am. Yes, thats early. I get up when the kid gets up. I have to work today. An 11am to 2pm shift. Easy!!!! The phone rings at 8:30. My boss telling me " dont bother to come in, we are slow". Well great. I am up, showered, dressed and getting the kids breakfast ready. Now, I have to cancel the babysitter. Sometimes working is just too much of a hassel. The kid gets up at around 9. By 10, he is tired and already asleep for a nap. Ahhhhh..... mommy time!!!!!! WRONG!!!! All I hear is drip, drip, drip. What the....... again. The fireplace is leaking. OK, not a leak, a flood. My familyroom is under attack. Called the landlord....suprise suprise, he was no help. "I will try to get someone out there, I will call you back", He never called back. WHATEVER!!!!!

This afternoon:
OK, it has rained almost 3 inches of rain today. Huge puddles every where, even in the POS car. I get into the car only to find another flood. Standing water on the seat. So, I am ready to curl up into a ball, under the covers and not come out for like months. Can anything else happen?( I later found out that the flood in the car was not uncommon. The husband forgot to tell me)


I am sure that I have forgotten to write about something. It will come to me later. Now, the kids asleep. Hubbys playing wii, I am going to bed. Night!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment